Monday, September 29, 2014

Then & Now

This post is part of the 30-Day Blog Challenge from TeachThought. To learn more about the challenge go to www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/.

DAY 29: How have you changed as an educator since you first started?

The easier question to answer here would be, How have I not changed since I first started teaching? It's easier to answer because my response would be much shorter. I change as a teacher every year, and the accumulation of changes over my past 10 years of teaching is challenging to describe in one blog post. So instead of discussing the myriad of ways in which my teaching practice has changed, I'll describe one consistent pattern. That is, the longer I teach, the more student-centered I become. Here are some specific examples of that shift:





2 comments:

  1. More student-centered ... I said the same in my blog entry! I love the images you used (did you create them?) to demonstrate your shift! Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the app, Bamboo Paper to draw the images. Honestly I was really tired and didn't have it in me to construct a logical post! I'm fascinated by the quirky drawings from crappypictures.com, and sketching my thoughts actually ended up being a great way to unwind after a hectic day.

    ReplyDelete