Thursday, July 3, 2014

ISTE Resources

I took one day off after ISTE ended to recuperate, rest, and spend time with my family. Today I felt like I was mentally ready to organize all of my resources. When I go to a conference, I prefer to take workshop notes in Notability, with a separate note for each session. I also take a lot of photos with my phone and iPad to document information, and of course there are always handouts. This means that when I get home, artifacts from the conference are in four different places.  Not ideal for reference later on.

While following #ISTE2014, I noticed a lot of people sharing their session notes and thought it was a great idea. Also, Hassan Wilson (@wilsonsbiolab), my fellow #biochat moderator, is always good about sharing workshop notes and links, and he asked if I had anything from ISTE to share. This was all good, because it held me accountable to share my learning, like any responsible teacher should!

So, today I sat down and organized all of my artifacts into one Google Doc. My resources tend to fall into a few different categories, mainly because I'm a teacher of varying interests! Because I'm a science teacher who teaches using the principles of flipped learning, and starting to dabble in Project Based Learning, you'll find lots of ideas, resources, and words of wisdom about those topics.  But, I'm also a rookie Tech Integrationist for my district, which means I'm always on the lookout for good K-12 pedagogy in all subject areas. So you'll see some Social Studies, ELA, and Elementary resources, as well as lots of information about professional development and coaching.

If you don't want to take the time to read through the entire document, below I've listed the one resource from each section that I'm most excited about:

English Resources: Google Story Builder

Social Studies Resources: Zoom In

Science Resources: The Concord Consortium

Elementary Resources: Blog, Tweet, and Skype in Elementary Classrooms

Professional Development/Coaching: This one's an idea - Create individualized PLC's around interests.

Flipped Learning: Zaption

PBL: National Lab Network

Miscellaneous Tools: AwesomeStories

General Ideas: Iron Chef-type competitions and Student-created Digital Citizenship PSA (both ideas are great - I couldn't choose just one!)


I did my best to make sense of my notes so that they were clear to outside readers, but if you have any questions, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment